Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No infection... whew!

I went to the doctor, no infection. My surgeon said that the reason I have been in so much pain is probably due to a couple factors. #1 The weather - it's been really stormy here since Sunday. #2 I've been talking to much and the transverse muscle in the chin pulls down on my lower lip and gums causing irritation.

I was advised to take 1/2 the dose of Vicodin plus 2 Advil and see if that helps. If the Vicodin still makes me drowsy, I have a new prescription called Ultracet. The surgeon said if I am still in excruciating pain on Thursday, then he will take my center band off and replace it with a looser band. He told me that is the last resort, because if my bite shifts even slightly, the jaw bone will heal that way.

So, we will wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment